We finally have some work happening on the block! I feel like I should be more excited, but it’s only the retaining wall. Oh well.
Summary: We’re replacing the fence on one side and putting it on top of the retaining wall. This requires the existing fence to be removed, retaining to be put in, and then the new fence to be put in.
Anyway, the boys started to pull down the fence at the start of the week. When I did a drive by on Tuesday morning, the fence was already down, so I don’t know if they were just quick or worked on the public holiday.
Yesterday, the materials for the retaining wall had been dropped off.
When I drove by this morning, the workers were huddled in their car taking shelter from the pelting rain. By then of the day, however, the retaining wall had been done and temporary fencing put up!
My parents happened to drive by and thought it looked like it was in the wrong place, so we hoofed it down after dinner and checked it out.
The piece of metal in the brick fence at the front indicates where the boundary should be. We brought our laser pointer measuring thing and did some pointing and measuring, and concluded that it was pretty spot on.
I took the chance to do a tour of the empty block. Here’s a slideshow, entitled “Tribute to an empty block.”
Sadly, the garden rock that I painstakingly tried to save ended up getting stolen 🙁