I have a definite vision for my “lady cave”, which will in fact be a multipurpose study/craft room/retreat.
The colour scheme and general look is inspired by this picture:Love this colour scheme!
However, practicality rears its ugly head and I need the following.
1. Shelving. If the room is to store stationery, dreary filing, wrapping paper, crafty things, and other toys, I need shelves. However, I don’t want a wall of ugly shelving ruining my ambiance. I found the following potential solution:
2. Desk/bench space. This is perhaps the toughest. I don’t want my study to look like an office, but if I’m to do any useful thing like wrapping presents or constructing something, or even the rare occasions where I need to work from home, I need a decent amount of surface area. But it absolutely cannot be the focus of the room.
3. Comfy couch. I want somewhere where I can relax and watch my crappy TV shows without disturbing my love who may, say, be cooking my dinner. So I need a comfy couch. And perhaps, if we have an overnight guest, they may also be able to retreat here to watch their crappy shows with impunity.
4. An inspiring exercise area. I am quite easily able to find any excuse under the sun to not do exercise. It is paramount that I be in a space that I want to be in. It needs to be spacious, and pretty. And it needs to have a mirror, so I can check that I have correct body alignment for things like yoga.
5. I am also in love with this wallpaper, and my love is non-negotiable. I’ve flirted with other wallpapers, but this is the one I come back to.
Final words: It needs to be practical, it needs to be pretty, and it needs to be spacious and airy.
I’ve also put together a mood board, which I haven’t done in quite a while: