We’ve been fairly busy preparing for the demolition, so I haven’t had much time to sit and type. But things have been progressing, here’s what’s happened since the last update:
- Turns out Stirling doesn’t need the site plan for demo.
- Got a copy of the title from Landgate.
- There was a bit of running around with the bank re did we or didn’t we need permission – turns out they didn’t care, they seemed more concerned that we’d refinance with a different bank.
- I submitted the verge permit, this will cover both demo and building.
- Contacted Synergy and got a final meter reading and electricity disconnection.
- Took down the solar panels and chandeliers, which are now in storage with my parents.
- Demolition got approved! That was very quick, it only took 7 days when they were estimating 3 weeks.
There’s still a big long to-do list, mainly relating to selling random bits of furniture that we left behind, which I hope to do this weekend.
On another note, we’ve decided to trial a Kanban-style project management tool called Trello. It seems OK, and comes with an app, which is handy. Seems to be missing a way in which to assign priority and dependencies though, which is kind of annoying. I like it so far but am not 100% convinced.